Featured LRES 380 Intern: Riana Mefferd



What have the Library interns been up to this semester? We are excited to feature our LRES 380 interns over the course of the next few weeks. This week we feature Brianna Mason who worked on some interesting projects this semester.
Interested in academic librarianship? Check out our LRES 380 Internship course.






Name: Riana Mefferd   

Hometown: Clintonville, WI

Major:
Communication

LRES 380 project:
Comparing owned journal titles in JSTOR to print titles in the library to determine overlap. Overall, determining which journal titles the library can withdraw. The main goal is to get all of the print journal titles onto one floor of the library.

Your interest in librarianship: I will be attending grad school for library science after graduating here. My dream job would be a library director of a public library. I'm obsessed with books; I'm one of those people that really like to smell old books.

Which talent would you most like to have? I wish I could play an instrument! I've tried but I can't get past the 'beginner' stage.

What is your current state of mind? Hopeful, without hope we have nothing.

What is your favorite cuisine? Sushi! I could eat that forever.

Where is the last place you traveled? I don't travel much but I drove to Minneapolis to pick a friend up from the airport this past summer. That was an adventure so I count it as traveling.

Who are your favorite writers? Michael Crichton. He is a genius.


What is your motto? No day but today. (Yes, that is from RENT) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXAM CRAM!

Plan on taking the MCAT or GRE?

Fast Access to Scholarly Articles on Popular Websites