Get to Know Prof. Ryan O'Leary, Academic Success Associate.

Meet Prof. Ryan O’Leary, the Academic Success Associate at UWSP Marshfield. You may know Ryan as a professor, teaching courses in critical thinking and religious studies. His specialization is philosophical theology, focusing on the interplay between religion and culture. Ryan also received the 2024 UWSP University Award for Excellence in Teaching. He holds a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from University of Iowa.

Here are some fun facts from our interview with Ryan.




Where is your hometown?

I grew up in northern Wisconsin. I currently live in Marshfield with my wife and three cats, whom we adopted from a local farm. They have no idea how lucky they are!

How do you continue to contribute to our library’s mission and campus community?

I work as the Academic Success Associate at the Marshfield campus’ Hamilton Roddis Memorial Library. In that role I assist in library services, provide academic coaching, and oversee the Marshfield Tutoring-Learning Center.

How do you like to spend your free time outside of work? 

I enjoy exploring our state’s unique geography by trail and kayak.

If you were a book, what genre would you be and why?

I would like to be sci-fi or fantasy, but I would probably be academic non-fiction. 

If you had a superpower that could be useful in the library, what would it be?

Fitting eleven hours of work into an eight-hour day. 

Do you have any favorite local restaurants or hidden gems that you’d recommend?

In Marshfield, I love Mojo’s, and whenever I am in Stevens Point, I try to stop at the Wicked Willow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXAM CRAM!

Fast Access to Scholarly Articles on Popular Websites

Book of the Week: One Islam, Many Muslim Worlds By Raymond Baker